Wednesday 10 April 2019

Current in series circuits




Current is calculated according to the resistances in a circuit. Then, why is the current same everywhere in a series circuit? Shouldn't a greater current pass through the smaller resistance? I am wondering why the total current within a circuit is calculated based on Req, if resistances don't affect the current? I=V/R?


I know similar questions has been asked, but this has a minor detail which was neither asked nor answered. I am wondering why the total current within a circuit is calculated based on Req, if resistances don't affect the current? I=V/R? Current is charge per unit time, but nobody talks about the time factor affecting the current, I know that the number of particles within a series circuit will be the same, but why is the current same?Do the particles know that there will be resistance before they even reach it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...