Wednesday 3 April 2013

word - Piece de Resistance - Seven Images Are Worth Digits


Seven Images Are Worth Digits


This puzzle is part of the "Piece de Resistance" series. Go back to Part 1 (Ace) for the story.
Ace Two Three Four Five Six Seven ...


Another colourful piece of work, this time on a white background, a bit more stretchy...



enter image description here




Answer



The following is my somewhat crazy interpretation of the rebus, which is either correct or way off:



First image:



The logo for Dash cryptocurrency, which I interpret as "-".



Second image:



A picture of iodine, which I found with a reverse image search that led me to this website which has the same image. I interpret this to be "i" which is iodine's chemical symbol.



Third image:




This shows a chord with three g notes, but only the bottom note is highlighted. I interpret this as low g, or stylistically: "log".



First image inside parentheses:



Dash from the Incredibles movie. I interpret this also as "-".



Second image inside parentheses:



The right part of a bone. I interpret this to be "one".




Putting it all together:



You get $-i\log(-1)$. It turns out that $\log(-1) = i\pi$, so substituting, you get $-i*i\pi$. Now, because $i*i = -1$, the expression simply becomes $\pi$. So I think the answer to the rebus is pi, which the title hints at because it has "digits".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...