Sunday 5 October 2014

Why is information "lost" when it got into a black hole?


The black hole information loss paradox is the paradox that information can not be lost, but is lost when it got into a black hole.


But I do not see why it is lost at all.


I see it is no longer accessible, but that is different from being lost. I assume information is something local, that a bit is inside a finite volume of spacetime. Also, I assume a black hole is something local, it is inside a finite volume of spacetime.


It seems to me that information is merely "elsewhere" in some sense, but that does not mean it does no longer exist. I understand that lost means "no longer located in the universe". But how does it cease to be in the universe? Do we know, or at least assume it is "destroyed" in some way related to the black hole, or even in some specific way?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...