Saturday 15 June 2019

particle physics - Electron/Proton Charge and Quarks Charge


So.. I´ve been investigating a bit on the subject of sub atomic particle charges and how they were defined, and basically what I´ve found out is that the defenition of the charge of an Electron or a Proton is totally arbitrary.



But then I remembered about the up quarks and down quarks and I got a bit confused because we say that a proton is positive due to the fact that it has 2 up quarks and 1 down quark, and that the up quark has a positive charge and the down quark has a negative charge.


My question is, is the charge of the up quark and down quark also arbitrary ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...