Wednesday 27 April 2016

riddle - I'm the first of my kind



See me once, I'm the first of my kind
See me twice, unhealthy lives we left behind


See me once, because there's only one
See me twice, then there's something we shun



Hint:



See me once, some mistake me for a mountaintop

See me thrice, without me many devices flop



Good Luck!


Here are the previous riddles in this series (the solutions there have nothing to do with this one, only the process of getting there).
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8



Answer



I believe you are:



the letter 'a'




See me once, I'm the first of my kind



First letter in the alphabet



See me twice, unhealthy lives we left behind



AA stands for alcoholics anonymous which helps recovering addicts



See me once, because there's only one




use the word a when there is one of an item( a chair, a table , etc.)



See me twice, then there's something we shun



not sure for this part but maybe AA like a scream or shout? People tend to ignore/not help AA and in a sense shun it. Hopefully third times the charm: People in AA shun alcohol?



Hints: See me once, some mistake me for a mountaintop



A capital A looks like a cartoonish mountain




See me thrice, without me many devices flop



As pointed out by @El-Guest AAA batteries are commonly used in devices to power them



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...