Sunday 2 June 2019

particle physics - How do single photons travel from here to there


I know there have been similar questions but I'm still unclear what the overall consensus is. (1) I assumed and have read that photons travel in straight lines unless deflected by gravity but there are conflicting theories. (2) I have heard that single photons takes every possible path but that makes no sense. Why would a single photon traveling from here to the moon go to every other place in the universe along the way. (3) I can understand a single photon traveling as a particle or packet of energy but I have a hard time understanding a single photon traveling as a wave. I have never understood any attempts to answer this. (4) Does a single photon have a frequency and what causes the frequency? If not then how does it have energy? I have many questions about single photons and their frequency.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...