Wednesday 17 September 2014

word - V for Vendetta - Who am I?



This link here shows how many "Who am I?" riddles we already have on this site. Obviously, there are many of them and they're mostly riddles describing an object in some funny way. On checking the riddles, I noticed how similar they are most of the time. Even though some people here seem to dislike them, I spared no efforts and had a closer look. After reading through some of the questions I ended up asking myself: Seriously, did we ever have a real "Who am I?" puzzle? Yeah, so here we go!






Who am I?


Hi, my name is... oooh that was close!


I left clues here and there but they may seem hard to find. To make things a little easier I'm telling you how many clues there are. Find the hints below to get further information on each of the following clues:



  1. Visual 1

  2. Words and letters 1

  3. Visual 2

  4. Words and letters 2



  5. Cipher


    To check your answer you can decypher the message below. As key use my ID:

    "ai qp hczb emzuk dwu ffm uqytok zig vmsh kmc fml or al elff bkq ykwgyt lp lwz
    vng ltrn dfz dlow lthlq ls syw xabd kwi eudxs
    mcys przh jgmui jvrq bax ycdm wmg tq lz wyg mvt"




Happy puzzling!



General Notes:



  • The clues have not been sorted in any way. They can be solved in any order.

  • The more items you cover with your answer, the higher your chances to win this challenge.

  • Mods can post answers but not use any fancy mod tools for their investigations.

  • If, by any chance, you already know me, I'm kindly asking you to refrain from this for now. Ask "the guy with the girls" for help.

    Hints:






    1. Can you read faces?






    2. Try to restore order where something looks shockingly obscene.







    3. My true self looks like a full-grown stino.






    4. All is me thus I'm the beginning of all. Think bigger than this puzzle.







    5. If you're using a key to decipher the message below, make sure to replace numbers with letters from the alphabet. Let 0 become " "(space) and A(1) ... Z(26). For the last part it might be easier to solve one of the other 4 clues first.








Answer



The final message -



Well done seems like you have got me in the end




The Cipher



Using myid as key we get -

"ok im very sorry for the really bad joke you can go on with the actual id now jpy ihtf atb vicy dqvni ig uqt lcta yya bifpp aeqp dtre xierw lnoe dsu mevj koy qe nr tmi esh"

Now, using the alphabets as numbers for the ID(32368) which is OP's user id (https://puzzling.stackexchange.com/users/32368/incesterror21) we get - CBCFH. Using this as key -

how dare you that would be too easy try again zcli bspz qgdpr elnc yls lcqc inw lx lq rhb crf

May be the next part needs another key.. The picture is clearly of Anonymous!



Hint 1



Can you read faces -

@usernameiwantedwasalreadytaken found that the Hex value in OP's profile picture's tongue(face) is #510600 and apparently the value corresponds to user id of Avigrail



Hint 2




Try to restore order where something looks shockingly obscene.

@usernameiwantedwasalreadytaken found the anagram RESURRECTION. The username incesterror looks like an obscene word. And the anagram after converting 21 to U is RESURRECTION.



Hint 3



My true self looks like a full-grown stino.

Avigrail's profile picture link says https://i.stack.imgur.com/STINO.png which is capitalized STINO (Credits @M Oehm)



Hint 4



All is me thus I'm the beginning of all. Think bigger than this puzzle.

@Eric found that - Taking the first letters of all the posts of OP, we get - I, G(Chi), R(are), V, A, I, L, A and anagram of this is again - AVIGRAIL




Hint 5



With OP's help - if we try to apply the key "ea f" (Avigrail's user ID - 5106) again to cipher "jpy ihtf atb vicy dqvni ig uqt lcta yya bifpp aeqp dtre xierw lnoe dsu mevj koy qe nr tmi esh" - we get - fpt ehob aox vdyy ymvie ib qqo hcow ytw bdbpk well done seems like you have got me in the end

Hence the complete plain text -

Well done seems like you have got me in the end



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...