Thursday 9 October 2014

riddle - Hope You're Happy in This!


Inspired by The Riddle - I Could be Used in Many Ways by Conifers :D



My whole is usually shown in a tree.

About my $1^{st}$ and $2^{nd}$ parts is fond.
About my $2^{nd}$ and $3^{rd}$ parts, PNGs.
About my $3^{rd}$ and $4^{th}$ parts, opal.
About my $4^{th}$ and $5^{th}$ parts, moot.
Right before my $5^{th}$ and $6^{th}$ parts is a yard.




Answer



I think the answer might be



Relationship




Divided into six parts as follows



Re, la, ti, on, sh, ip



My whole is usually shown in a tree.



Family tree



About my 1st and 2nd parts is fond.




Foreland - a landform projecting into the sea



About my 2nd and 3rd parts, PNGs.



Platings - surface coverings in which a metal is deposited on a conductive surface.



About my 3rd and 4th parts, opal.



Optional




About my 4th and 5th parts, moot.



Moonshot - home run that travels a great distance vertically



Right before my 5th and 6th parts is a yard.



Shipyard - my thinking is that this clue is clued the wrong way round as it fits so perfectly otherwise.



Note




I have leaned heavily on the wordplay aspect where "about" is a wordplay clue.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...