Saturday 4 October 2014

story - My Uncle's present


It was Christmas at my Uncle's and I rushed downstairs waiting to see the present he had bought for me. But instead of a giant wrapped gift, I found a puzzle.



My greetingc! I hope you are woll.


If you are reading my letter you’ll be disappointed because you didn’t get a present, but soon howejer you will be joyful indaed.


So lets go ahead and begik our venture into my realm of puzzling…


Try thinking over all being caid, and look for cluus.


After you’ve found them, you must continue. Eo now!


Kill your plans, as I have lany idaas and twists waiting for you…


Evem if you get some of my firsd clues, I included a lot more. You may now start. Start searching!



Sincerely, your uncle.



Under that was a list of letters:



fedcg - faged - fage - cafbed - afe - agedf - gefc



Can you figure out where your present is?



Answer



The first letters say




MISTAKES



The letters which have been changed from the original words spell:



seven segment



Now, from Wikipedia,



enter image description here




if we look at the note and use the letters, we get



b E f O r E h



So, we look at the letters that we find before the h in the text, and we get:



inattic



So I suggest that you must:




go upstairs and find your present in the attic!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...