Monday 9 March 2015

Difference between field and wavefunction



Can someone give me a clear explanation of what is the difference between a classical field, a wave function of a particle and a quantum field? I haven't find a clear explanation. For example for Klein-Gordon equation, the solution $\phi(x)$ is a plane wave, but $\phi(x)$ can be interpreted in any of the 3 ways I mentioned above and I am not sure what is the difference between them. (for example I am not sure why the wave function is not a field, as it assigns to any point in space a value, so it seems to behave like a field). Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...