Sunday 15 May 2016

Connections between classical and quantum mechanics?


I've done basic or introductory mechanics at the level of Resnick and Halliday. I'm currently studying calculus of variations and the Lagrangian formulation of mechanics on my own. I read somewhere that an understanding of classical mechanics is necessary for appreciating quantum mechanics. Can someone please give me the big picture, where I can see the connections between classical and quantum mechanics? (I am fairly new to quantum mechanics).


Is it the case that the Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations are what one uses, primarily, in quantum mechanics?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...