Saturday 7 May 2016

wordplay - Five-words (-----|||||)



Five-words:


My first is a kind of cattle from Asia (more than one).
My second is what a horse did to its victory if it just won a race on its own merit.
My third is found together with a groom.
My fourth is the kind of praise a jockey gets if they just won a race by cheating.
My fifth is a horse, or any animal that can be ridden.


(Inspired by Prem's Four-words (----||||).)



Answer



Cool puzzle!


The answers to the clues are:




1) Zebus (an Asian cow thing)
2) The horse earnt its victory
3) Bride, of course
4) He cheated, so his praise is undue
5) An animal that can be ridden is generally called a steed



Arranged:



Z E B U S

E A R N T
B R I D E
U N D U E
S T E E D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...