Friday 30 September 2016

quantum mechanics - Application of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle on photons


While I was hobby-reading about quantum mechanics I came across Heisenberg's theory. But while I was trying to understand it I thought of this: if the speed of light (as well as the momentum of a photon) is well-defined, then if in an experiment the position of the photon was found, the researchers would know the exact position of the photon, but also its momentum which is constant. Is this an exception from the rule, or am I just ignorant?


PS, 12 grade physics education, please try to explain in simple words




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...