Here's the reasoning: Newton's third law tells us that every force has an equal but opposite reaction force. So besides my weight pushing down on the scale from above, there's also an equal force pushing up on the scale from below, so the spring or pressure-sensor-thingy inside the scale is being squeezed from two directions by double the force! That's tipping the scales, and therefore everybody is actually just half as heavy as it says on the readout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid
What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...
-
A rook stands in the lower left corner of an $m\times n$ chessboard. Alice and Bob alternately move the rook (horizontally or vertically, th...
-
Why can't we use fissions products for electricity production ? As far has I know fissions products from current nuclear power plants cr...
-
Yesterday, I understood what it means to say that the moon is constantly falling (from a lecture by Richard Feynman ). In the picture below ...
-
Recently I was going through "Problems in General physics" by I E Irodov. In Electromagnetics chapter, there is a question how muc...
-
if $\vec L=I\vec ω$ holds good in all the cases then directions of angular momentum and angular velocity must be parallel always which is no...
-
(The puzzle statement now identifies these numbers as equivalent.) O O ...
-
I am having trouble understanding how centripetal force works intuitively. This is my claim. When I have a mass strapped on a string and spi...
No comments:
Post a Comment