Friday 12 September 2014

Textbook on Differential Geometry for General Relativity




I'm going to start self-studying General Relativity from Sean Caroll's Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity. I'd like to have a textbook on Differential Geometry/Calculus on Manifolds for me on the side.


I do like mathematical rigor, and I'd like a textbook that focuses on this aspect. Having said that, I'm ideally looking for a textbook that won't keep me densely involved with it; rather a textbook that I could hopefully juggle with the textbook on GR as well.


I looked for example at Lee's textbook but it seemed too advanced. I have done courses on Single and Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Analysis I and II and Topology but I'm not sure what book would be the most useful for me given that I have a knack of seeing all results formally.


Note: I am a student of physics with a mathematical leaning.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...