Monday 22 July 2019

homework and exercises - How to find the total current supplied to the circuit?



Recently, I came across a question based on finding electric current of a circuit. Here's the image...



I know, by using the formula $I=V/R$, we can easily calculate the current as $V$ is given and $R$ can be calculated from the diagram. In the book (from where I got the question),



Solve the $R$ (net) by combining the $6 \Omega$ and $2 \Omega$ resistances in parallel, and with both, $1.5 \Omega$ in series and whole parallel with $3 \Omega$.



I didn't get the logic they used. First, I thought of keeping 6, 2 and 1.5 ohm resistors in parallel and with all, the 3 ohm in series. But, that didn't work. Can someone please help me?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...