Thursday 1 August 2019

quantum field theory - Conformal compatification of Minkowski and AdS


How do I show that the compactification of Minkowski is given by the quadric $$uv-\eta_{ij}x^{i}x^{j}=0$$ with an overall scale equivalence in the coordinates.I get that for $v \neq 0$, the surface can be parametrized with the Minkowski coordinates. Now for $v=0$, I can have arbitrary values of $u$, which means basically two values, $ u=0 $ and $u\neq 0$. So are the infinities mapped to these points ? After that is it obvious that the conformal group acts on the space time defined by the quadric ?


From, $$uv-\eta_{ij}x^{i}x^{j}=1$$ if I have to show that the boundary of $AdS_{d+1}$ is Minkowski in $d$ dimensions, how do I take the limit ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...