Friday 19 December 2014

How much energy does a photon need to form a black hole?


I was wondering if it is possible for a single photon to form a black hole if it has a small enough wavelength.If so, what would this wavelength be? I came across this question because I am reading about loop quantum gravity, and have heard that it is 'untestable'. I know that the loops making up spacetime in loop quantum gravity are thought to have a size in the order of $10^{-35}$m, and I was wondering whether making a photon with a wavelength small enough to investigate this would form a black hole.


I am aware of the two posts here, but neither seem to really answer my question because they refer to several photons: Can a black hole be formed by radiation? and https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/107207/photons-and-black-holes.


Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...