Thursday 11 February 2016

condensed matter - What is Anderson localization? Could someone give an example worked out in detail?


What is Anderson localization, for someone with no previous knowledge on the subject?


I tried to read Anderson's original paper, but it was too terse for me. I have seen a couple of intuitive explanations, e.g. 50 years of Anderson localization on Physics Today. I also read "Localization of waves" by van Tiggelen, but it is more of a review with a lot of formulas and no deductions.


What I need is an introduction to the subject through one example of Anderson localization, worked out in detail.


You can skim over the tedious math. If you point out what needs to be done, I'll work it out (and if I get stuck I'll ask!).


(Related Phys.SE question: Introduction to Anderson localization)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...