Monday 19 January 2015

knowledge - Which family member doesn’t belong?




  • My second older brother is a dangerous man, a pig who gorges himself on all our land.

  • He hurt our mother’s feelings (called her a cow), so she hurt him back from belly to brow.

  • My oldest sister is wise, her stare — penetrating. It pinned him to the ground.

  • He tried to say sorry but died, while my oldest brother ran on foot into the woods to hide.


  • My father is head strong, didn’t stop to think, he insulted her too — called her a sheep.

  • My second older sister drew a sword and stabbed him in the eye (he also died).



Deaths and threats aside, which one of the above family members does not belong?


Hint 1



Myself and 1 other family member besides the ones mentioned above also do not belong.



Hint 2




Don't take this at face value, the odd-1-out is based on who/what they are.



Hint 3



There's an element to this that you may have been overlooking, so I've italicized the important portions of the lines.



Hint 4 - Here's an extra set of verses



- My mother loves to go into the field and pick basket flowers…with her foot. Yeah she’s weird.

- My second older brother holds no honor I fear, a rat is he, he’d bite off your ear.
- My oldest sister, so gentle and free, to her you’ll always feel loyalty.
- My father made a flute with his own hand, through no force! What a creative, inventive man.
- My second older sister has clarity beyond her age, love is her compass and guides the way.
- My oldest brother you cannot shake, his integrity is steadfast, except when asked who fed the cat last.



Hint 5



This answer is on the right track, where can you go from there? Perhaps this might help?





Answer



Well this has consumed a lot of my time but with the related puzzle's hint I think I have a solution.


The reference for all of this is...



Bagua which are the eight symbols used in Taoist cosmology.



Reference image below to save time on justifications



I would use this a reference for everythingPlanet and itemsZodiacBushido




So which family member doesn't belong?



You are the third son and the family member that doesn't belong is the first daughter. She is astrologically represented as Pluto which is no longer classified a planet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...