Saturday 24 January 2015

quantum mechanics - Show that Propagator satisfies Schrödinger equation



I want to show that $$K=K(x,x',t-t')=\sum_{\beta}\exp\left[\frac{-iE_{\beta}}{\hbar}(t-t')\right]$$ satisfies the Schrödinger equation $$ H|\psi\rangle = i\hbar\partial_t|\psi\rangle$$ with respect to $x$ and $t$, where the $\beta$'s are the Eigenstates of the Hamiltonian and satisfy $$\sum |\beta\rangle\langle\beta|=1.$$ So I started calculating and got $$ i\hbar\partial_t K =...= \langle x\vert\exp\left[\frac{-iE_{\beta}}{\hbar}(t-t')\right]\vert x'\rangle. $$ But here I am stuck since I am not that familiar with QM and bra-ket notation/relations. What is the next step or which fact do I have to use to show the claim?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...