Monday 26 January 2015

wordplay - Why will my friend have to grow his beard out?


Knowledge required for this riddle: English-language proverbs.


My friend Leonard came to me with a problem the other day. He said, “Tanner, I want to have a clean-shaven face. But every time I use a razor, I end up with this nasty painful rash.”


“Razor burn,” I said.



“Yeah, that's right,” said Leonard. “Do you have any advice for me?”


“Unfortunately, there's no good solution,” I told him. “You're going to have to either grow your beard out, or just cope with those painful rashes.”


Why will Leonard have to grow his beard out?



Answer



Maybe it is because



A Lenny shaved is a Lenny burned.
(A penny saved is a penny earned.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...