Sunday 16 August 2015

lateral thinking - Word association: Guess the movie title!


So I was inspired by Braincraft's video about Remote Associates Test so I thought I'd give it a try here on Puzzling.


I kind of tweaked with the mechanics a little bit and included words that are related but really off if you are not into popular culture.


The answer (5 words) for each group of words would be the clue for a movie.


pie, eye, Adam



Hermanos, road, cow


bumps, chase, golden


sly, Ylvis, swipe


Stark, bank, blind



Answer



I have a final solution, but not a confident one:




  1. pie, eye, Adam




    Apple (Apple pie, Apple of my Eye, Adam's Apple or the story of Adam and Eve from whence it came)





  2. Hermanos, road, cow



    Chicken (Hermanos Locos from Breaking Bad had a chicken mascot, chicken crossing the road, and the cartoon Cow and Chicken)






  3. bumps, chase, golden



    Goose (goosebumps, wild goose chase, and the Golden Goose from Jack and the Beanstalk)





  4. sly, Ylvis, swipe



    Fox (sly as a fox, What Does the Fox Say, and ... Swiper the fox from Dora the Explorer? I prefer SpryFox, who makes mobile games)






  5. Stark, bank, blind



    Rob (Robb Stark from Game of Thrones, rob a bank, or rob someone blind)





I don't know how they go together, but if I was going to make a guess...




Fantastic Mr. Fox?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...