Wednesday 30 March 2016

pattern - Seemingly difficult culture fair question


enter image description here


Select the correct choice from the bottom 6 options to fill the final box above the horizontal line.


I stumbled upon this seemingly difficult question while doing a Mensa practice test. I have since been trying to figure it out but I can't. I am calling it seemingly difficult, because these questions always appear to be difficult, until you come up or are provided with, their simple and elegant answer. I hope someone can help me!



Answer



It is



the bottom right one.




Because



In each column, flip the top image over the horizontal axis. Overlay the second image; where both images have lines, erase the line. You end up with the third image.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...