As I understand it, the axion $a$ originates from the spontaenous symmetry breaking of $U(1)_{PQ}$. This symmetry being anomalous, and because of the QCD vacuum structure, a non vanishing term like $\frac{a}{f_a}Tr( G \tilde{G})$ is included in the Lagrangian, where $G$ is the gluon field strenght. This determines the axion couplings to gluons. Talking about a coupling to photons would mean to consider a term like $\frac{a}{f_a} F \tilde{F}$, where $F$ is the QED field strenght. I thought a term like $ F \tilde{F}$ could be expressed as a vanishing total derivative, unlike $Tr( G \tilde{G})$, so why are we talking about axion couplings to photons ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid
What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...
-
A rook stands in the lower left corner of an $m\times n$ chessboard. Alice and Bob alternately move the rook (horizontally or vertically, th...
-
Why can't we use fissions products for electricity production ? As far has I know fissions products from current nuclear power plants cr...
-
I am researching Mercury's orbital precession. I have considered most perturbations and general relativity. I am still not satisfied. I ...
-
Yesterday, I understood what it means to say that the moon is constantly falling (from a lecture by Richard Feynman ). In the picture below ...
-
Recently I was going through "Problems in General physics" by I E Irodov. In Electromagnetics chapter, there is a question how muc...
-
I am having trouble understanding how centripetal force works intuitively. This is my claim. When I have a mass strapped on a string and spi...
-
(The puzzle statement now identifies these numbers as equivalent.) O O ...
No comments:
Post a Comment