Thursday 24 March 2016

riddle - I exist in the middle of the seven


I am a haven for those with thick walls


I challenge convention with my transparent skin


My effect is quite big, though I can be small



I keep the bad stuff out, and the good stuff in.




What am I?



Answer



How about a



greenhouse



I am a haven for those with thick walls




like plants, whose thick walls refer to their stems Also, like BlueRaja-DannyPflughoeft suggested, plant cells normally have thick cell walls



I challenge convention with my transparent skin



greenhouses use transparent material (while plants are normally planted outside in the garden or in a house



My effect is quite big, though I can be small



greenhouses, even if they're small, can be effective at retaining heat




I keep the bad stuff out, and the good stuff in.



they can keep the bad stuff (chills, winds, bugs, etc) out, and the good stuff, like heat, in



EDIT: In regards to the title, with credit to user BlueRaja-DannyPflughoeft



the seven refers to the seven colours of the rainbow: ROYGBIV, where the middle is G -> green



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...