Thursday 10 March 2016

resource recommendations - Statistical Mechanics & Dynamical Systems




As a (theoretical) physics student I've taken (advanced) undergrad courses in both statistical mechanics and dynamical systems (which was purely mathematical, treatment of nonlinear differential equations and chaotic maps), and will be headed to grad school in September.


I have a keen interest in phase transitions, non-equilibrium phenomena and bifurcation theory. It seems to me that there exists a strong connection between statistical mechanics and dynamical systems theory.


I wish to strengthen my knowledge of these two. Does anyone have article / text recommendations that would "bridge" or "link" those two fields?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...