Tuesday 2 August 2016

riddle - Here's a little cryptogram I wrote, you might want to read it letter for letter


Mage's birth seems important. That's all I'm going to say.


J EJPL QW VFIUQT UXWUTH YOSWSUV, HIU Q JQ PIAX PN HSV.


BQIZ BQMKS R QBG WSU MGMTB,


JRE IV E CQC ASWWK JV CLF PNEE QO M EW.


R EN I KMU JRTPTJV, TWVIUQVIT KQESURRH IWH PBQIS BRQFA FIJZM,


WPUNXJUNW J TROF JNMOO YIFZ PCOB,


BSNMCMNMB M XIWX UW UYSS RR UPN FFVCLJK HSOM


Also, if I completely messed up the encryption, don't get too mad....



Oh, yeah. And when you've decrypted that, you've got to solve the riddle. :-)


If anyone (who is bothering with the riddle) is having trouble, maybe read below... It may or may not help.



Not really that important... Now I'm getting all science-y on you!




Answer



I think the answer to the riddle found by Tryth and TheWamts is



a QUARK.




I walk in realms mostly unknown



Realms of subatomic particles.



yet I am part of you.



Quarks are what makes up everything, including your body.



They think I may not exist and am a bit wrong in the heaz.




For a long time after the existence of quarks was postulated, many people didn't believe in them.



If I doz am a bit bipolar,



Up and down quarks.



sometimes charming and other times weird.



Charm and strange quarks.




Sometimes I like being Peer Gynt, sometimes I want to lurk in the Benthic Zone.



Truth and beauty quarks maybe? Or a reference to the word Quark being used in a German play Peer Gynt, according to d'alar'cop.



I got this idea by reading "I am part of you. They think I may not exist" and recalling the following joke:



"Legally speak­ing, how can you kidnap something that is not supposed to exist? I doubt anyone ever accused Murray Gell-Mann of kidnapping a quark, even though he knowingly carried a billion of them around in his pocket." - Minerva Paradizo, Artemis Fowl and the Lost Colony



(quoted from memory - if I got the words slightly wrong, do correct me!) The "sometimes charming and other times weird" was the confirmation I needed for this guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...