Monday 3 November 2014

Simply Cryptic #1


No back story, no setting, no theme, simply a cryptic clue to solve:



One large cake performance



Since cryptic clues traditionally indicate the number of letters in the solution, I'll provide that as a hint:




(9)



Hindsight note:



This may be British English specific, possibly even dialectal. I'll make sure I avoid this in future clues.



Criticism is welcome as I plan to publish a few of these and I'd like it if the the future ones are better


Questions: Next



Answer



It may be:




ABUNDANCE

'Cake performance' for a-bun-dance and this is a large quantity of something.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...