Wednesday 1 June 2016

logical deduction - Correct way to add 22 to 4 to get given value


I was asked this logic puzzle in an interview.



Tell me a correct way by which adding 22 to 4 will give 2.




I asked interviewer what is the base of those numbers. He told that those are decimal numbers. I thought about it a lot, but could not find the answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.



P.S. He also asked me to prove Oct 31 = Dec 25, which I did successfully. However, this question made me ask about base of those numbers. However, it is not related to question.




Answer



If you consider the numbers as



24 hour time




Then



$22 = 10\text{pm}\\10\text{pm} + 4 \text{ hours} = 2 \text{am}$



No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding Stagnation point in pitot fluid

What is stagnation point in fluid mechanics. At the open end of the pitot tube the velocity of the fluid becomes zero.But that should result...